Monday, September 28, 2015

Plein Air



I think until just recently, I never really thought about my art as anything but cute and fun. We just got back from Yosemite and I took a plain air ( in the open air)field sketching watercolor class with my hubby. The class was with Janet Takahashi. Very inspiring... Google her. I could have sat in the church bowl basin and painted those trees and granite boulders forever. It was almost a religious experience for me. Almost. 


I found some art within me out in the great outdoors that I never knew I had in me. Don't get me wrong, I live out in the forest and could go outside and draw anytime. But for some reason I don't. Janet made it a big ahh ha moment.


And now I just keep thing of ways to incorporate nature into every piece I do. I follow a gal on instagramnamed Emily Jeffords and she only paints landscapes with oils and mainly clouds. On the ride home yesterday the sky was painted in corals, pinks, lavenders, blues and Greys.


I couldn't snap the photos fast enough. Not sure what I will do with this yet - maybe an art quilt. But until that creative moment arises... I will just keep looking at it in awe of it's amazing colorful explosion of perfection. Go outside. Look at what nature offers. Really look. It's awesome....

2 comments:

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous!
so wished i lived in the States too....

Createology said...

I always stop and watch artists who are painting in plein air. Love yours. Of course you had the most fabulous backdrop to draw inspiration from. Creative Painting Bliss...