Friday, January 20, 2012

little fabric box


 Last weekend, i spent the whole day in the studio. I wanted to make a fabric box like i used to make in high school. I made tons of these for friends and kept only one for myself... so I started with painting the walls.


I used a text fabric and did the painting on top of that - that is my new favorite thing to do!


 when i assembled the walls, i stitched with a free motion foot around each panel. I think i liked the art better before the stitching... but it's ok.


 I left all the raw edges on the outside and did some very intricate fringing around all the edges ( while watching shawn of the dead with the kids)... that took forever but i liked the way it came out


 Sadly, the box was a bit off center when it was finished. I do like it... but i am going to try it one more time. I did it with chipboard and batting inside. I am gonna try it with just batting inside this time...


 this panel is for my ma... who always used to tell us to "do it cute" when i had my store - we never did anything unless it was cute!


 that panel is front and center at the bottom inside of the box


all in all a very fun project. So... I have put a number inside the box - leave me a comment and you can win this little gem. I will be taking comments on this box up until the midnight on the 27th. I leave for CHA - the craft and hobbys show on the 28th. So... the number is from 1 and 100. Leave me a message and I will choose the winner on the 27th and post the winner on the 28th. So.... whatcha waiting for ? Leave me a comment below and be a winner!

17 comments:

Gypsy said...

SQUEEEEEEL with delight!

FIFTY mama! Its my magic number this year!
-Gypsyfroggie

Dogwood said...

Oh such fun!
My number is 68.
Ddogwood

Shana said...

Really cute box!
I pick number 4.
Shana

BAG said...

I love your fabric box; would never have thought of it!

Jennifer said...

I would love to win this! :) My number is 37.

Anonymous said...

I don't care if it's off center, upside down or inside out. It's a "Linzi" and I'd love to win it! I'm number 11.
Judith Mc

Alli Labarbera said...

My # is 11. :) Super cute!!!

Teachercynzg said...

You make it look so simple! Love the layering and color.
My number is 13~ my husband's and son's soccer number.

kae pea said...

my number is five!! I lOVE it !xokp

karenb00 said...

My number is 48!...karen#1

Claudia said...

I'm going for number 16. Cute box, would you consider teaching a class???

ScatterJoy! said...

double nickel for me...55!

Unknown said...

Valentine's Day is the 14th...so I pick 14! This is sooooo cute!
-paula

Hope Amen said...

Hi Lindsay! How have you been all these years?

Well my lucky number is 11, but it has been picked already. So I will say 23 for my daughter and granddaughters b-day.

Anonymous said...

Another darling Linzicraft! My guess is 21.

Gail Pasciuti

Traceyr said...

Never seen anything like this fabric box before what a cool idea.

My number is ... 34.

Have fun and the CHA show.

:)

Anonymous said...

very cool!!! you do 'do it cute' hee hee my number is 28. Beth