Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wednesday Workday... Pay it Forward...


Well, all my dreams of grandure have gone unfulfilled. I am still intending to bring you all some FREE tutorials on Wednesday... but ladies, working a full time job, being on the local school board and being a part of like 3 great crafty groups... my time is not my own. SO.... instead, i will share some more interesting tidbits about me.... my favorite subject...hehehe.
First... (apron-ology). The newest issue, you will find my Gentle Sweet Sounds apron. I looked for a picture to share tonight with you, but i can't find them. And my apron is still at Stampington so, i can't share that. You will just have to buy yourself a copy. There are some amazing aprons in there.

If any of you are lucky enough to be on facebook and have some crafty friends... we all did something called "Pay it forward". The first 5 people who commented on my facebook post, got some free art from me. This is my second year and it's been so fun. Today... I traded some art with a baker friend who made me the best two dozen chocolate chip cookies I ever ate. Stay tuned because we may just have a pay it forward month here on the blog. The hard part is... you have to commit to paying it forward. It takes a bit of work.... Here is the piece i did of her son, aiden. She picked her favorite quote and this is what I came up with. She cried... that means, i did my job!


Next, I got challenged by my friend Kristen Powers
from Rubbermoon rubber stamps 
sent out a challenge on facebook to do something special for yourself. She challenged us to write a love letter to yourself. I am all over challenges. I guess that's why i host all the challenges that I do here on the blog. Anyway... i drew me or how i see myeslf and then wrote a little bit about me... this was a great challenge. I think i might write more love letters to myself.
This is a pay it forward to my friend Karen Lewis... she is a bead artist so I can only dream of what she sends to me in return. This is one of her favorite quotes and it was a bit of a challenge for me to come up with the art that fit it. I loved the girl hidding behind the bubble...

My favorite Pay it Forward of the week is the one below. It's for a gal on facebook who has been following my art since i first started my store in Montrose back in 1981. She now lives in North Carolina and has faced some challenges this past year. I love what it says... "Why fit in when you were born to stand out" - dr. suess
Love it so much.
what have you been working on?
still time to get those
HOME SWEET HOME entries in to me.
lindsayostrom@yahoo.com



1 comment:

Shana said...

I'm working on some mushrooms right now. I have a cool new house monster in the works, but he has to wait for me to finish things I'm doing for specific people.