Sunday, May 10, 2020

My mom❤️

Happy Mother’s Day... 2020
It’s been nearly 60 days since the corona virus has put distance between my mom and I. Today is Mother’s Day and I miss her beyond belief! So I write this for her. I will share these memories with her via phone today. I am the keeper of her memories these days as hers are all gone. 😔






Some of my favorite mom memories...


. that time when she helped me clean my bedroom and we accidentally threw away one of my journals and she took me to the dump to look for it.


. that time when I got married to that other guy and she offered me $10,000 to not marry him. On my wedding day. 


.that time she hid our Christmas gifts in the trunk of her XKE jag and I found them. And got caught.


. that time she challenged my ex to a tennis match. Singles . He was a tennis pro and she loved the game. She beat his ass. Badly. 


. that time when she took me and 4 friends to my first concert at the Hollywood bowl. Elton John. Someone passed  a joint down the row. My mom took it and kept passing it down the isle.  Smooth.


. that time when I got divorced and we had to go to court because the ex sued me for half of my store. Funny thing, we had only been in biz for less than a year and we had a loss. I had no clue what that meant. She did. She put the store into a corporation.... so he actually owed is $1,800. Classic


. that time she taught me to sew, and embroider, and knit . and crochet and balance my checkbook.


. that time a few days ago when she told me that she just talked with the other Lindsay and that she was getting married to some guy and headed on a plane to Flagstaff. And the next minute said she couldn’t talk to me because she was meeting my dad for dinner.... sad but true. 


. that time she and my dad paid $745 and bought me from vista Del Mar adoption agency , took me home and had no money to buy a crib, so I slept in a dresser drawer for a year.  Thank You. 


My mom is the reason I am the creative being that I am. Creativity was abundant in our house. I am grateful for that. My mom is the reason my store succeeded for 30 plus years. She kept columnar pad bookkeeping and made it look easy. My mom was a

so Cal bowling campion, put my dad thru led school, played some mean women’s baseball and is still right about everything, to this day. My mom loved my dad for 74 years and still is looking and waiting for him to come home, daily.  I miss my mom everyday. Dementia is a horrible disease and I would not wish it upon anyone. Wish I could be with my mom today. Damn Covid and a lock down.....  love you mom. So much. 

2 comments:

Bonnie Schulte said...

Your memories of your Mother are beautiful. This brought tears to my eyes to hear that she is suffering dementia. My Mother also had dementia, died 22 years ago, but at least I had the chance to spend time with her. I cannot imagine how difficult this is for you. Stay safe and well, you and your Mother are in my prayers.

Keely said...

Beautiful post Lindsay. Thank you for sharing.