Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 8.... and it looks like some of you loosing interest in the 28 day challenge...so, let's spark your creativity!
The piece above is from a new artist i found. Ali Nelson-White. Her blog (which is where i found this) is www.alimakesart.blogspot.com She is the artist who decorated the Bloom's Coffee in Roseville with recycled art from straws, coffee filters and grocery bags. I went to see it in person this weekend... and it was gone. Sad. It was their art installment for the holidays. So... I found her blog - go check it out! She also has an etsy site and you can buy her stuff.... support your local artist.
Here is not the best picture of my scarf that I made and wore at the CHA (crafts and hobbies association) show. I wore it almost every day and it caught the attention of Carol Duvall, Heidi Grace and almost... Jenny Doh! So... I am making more to put on etsy... coming soon!
Cory had so much fun making her altered coffee cup last week that her day 8 project is another coffee cup and a hot slip cover to go around it.... cute. I still say I would love to see a plant planted in one of these.
This is a Valentine made by Judith for a lucky recipient in her ATC Book Club. Yep... she belongs to a group that reads and talks about books and they are also crafty and make ATC (artist trading cards) cards and other crafty projects!

By far... my favorite of the day... Joy sent this in and said it was a Valentine that was "Inspired" by someone special.... then she said, actually it was copied from my art. I loved it! My mini art quilt of the tree with the hanging heart inspired her to stamp a tree with a little hanging brad heart.
So.... day nine is tomorrow and that means we have 17 days to go. I just finished the second goodie to give away to a lucky player - so here's the challenge one more time. I challenge you all to do something creative every day for 28 days. E-mail me the pics (scribbles1@earthlink.net) and I will put them up on thew site for all to see. At the end of 28 days, I will put everyones name in a hat and draw three (3) winners for 3 handmade gifts by me. So far there is an altered tote, and the next gift ( that will be shown here tomorrow) - the heartfelt journal, and one more that I am working on! So come on.... get creative for the next 17 days!!!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

My Camera is MIA so no pictures but I have done something everyday no problem there. Yesterday was the 8 hour ATC crunch that saw the ATC's finished a whole 20 min before we were due at IHOP!

Wendy