Sunday, February 28, 2010

Green, Green And Green....

SCROLL DOWN IN THE ARCHIVES COLUMN AND VIEW....
THE MARCH CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!!
to view the march challenge info.....
I made this piece to honor another piece (below) that I made 34 years ago in high school. "Green" happens to be my favorite color and one of my favorite words. This piece is done on cardstock with PITT pens, watercolor and colored pencil. I hung the piece off branches from the forest and wire wrapped and beaded it to hang on the wall.
This is just the upper left corner of the piece. I sewed the pieces onto paper and then used felted wool for the loops to hold the branch on. I wire wrapped the branches to give them more strength and added some glass beads for embellishment. I hope you like it.... it will be on ETSY starting tomorrow.
It's hare to believe that I embroidered this 34 years ago. I had an embroidery class in high school and had to come up with the design and the work.

It's sad, but alot of the embroidery is disappearing because of use. I modeled my piece for this month's theme after this little pillow. My lettering and my artwork haven't changed much. And I still love the color... GREEN!

Check back tomorrow for the unveiling of the new MARCH CHALLENGE....

No comments: