Monday, October 18, 2010

gratitude part two...

This week... Gratitude part two....
We went to our little piece of heaven this weekend. Partically for a work weekend... I stained the entire outside of our porch, brent hauled brush , my sister-in-law took care of mice nests (yuck) and my brother-in-law painted the inside roof.... we worked hard. But we had time for a little 23 year anniversary celebration. At midnight, under a harvest moon ( and a few coastal clouds...), my husband called me out to my car and had snuck a CD into the player. He had bought Neil Youngs "On this Harvest Moon"....ok, now... he is not a romantic guy. In fact... we hardly have ever done anything for any anniversary. I was shocked. It played on the car stereo while we danced under the Harvest Moon. Pretty romantic for an un romantic guy... huh. I am really grateful for my great (un romantic except on certain occasions...) husband. A really great weekend at the lake!
Here's a bit of my handywork for the weekend. Last time we had a work party weekend, Riley painted all the blue trim. She has wanted me to add some type of artwork to it ever since. We still have to add an established date. This place was homesteaded by Brent's grandpa back in the 60 somethings. We love it... it's our little getaway complete with our trailer park trash trailer. Grateful for the little things.....



2 comments:

Beth said...

Wow, how sweet and romantic!!! He's a keeper!!!! The cabin looks cute and love the painted sign. Awesome!
Beth

Dogwood said...

I am so very grateful that I get to go to MARS this weekend with my crafty friends. Thanks!!!!