Tuesday, August 14, 2012

on the drawing table...

It has been sooooo hot here the past week, yesterday it was 103 when i finally layed my head down. Well, of course i couldn't sleep...so i started two way different drawings. The one above is ready for coloring...

And this one above is still in pencil. Ready to get inked in and then colored. It's a little light... it says "oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day" with my newest little Shasta trailer being pulled behind my hubbys truck. Oh yeah... since last week... i got two more trailers ( photos to follow )
and last but not least... a shameless plug. I was cleaning out my garage the other day and came across two big boxes full of books. They will all be on my etsy site soon....
but for now, my FAVORITE book is up there. Now out of print and hard to find. I found them on Amazon for like $48 each! Wow!
These are $10 and will be signed in a fancy creative lettering 
way. Go to my etsy site and grad a copy before they are gone. This is the one that was picked up by Scholastic Books... ahhh, those were the day my friends ( and yes, we thought they'd never end :)
(oh and by the way... not really all about being just for 
kids. Grown Ups said this was their favorite lettering
book... back in the day !)



4 comments:

Michelle Gregory said...

cool. time to add another to my collection.

Unknown said...

Hi Lindsay,
I´m going to tray to write in english.
I want to buy your books, but i´m from Spain and Etsy say no ship to Spain.
Can i do somethink? I want to work with this at school.
Thank you

Ron ;) said...

This is the book that added pizzazz to my childhood! [Of course, as an adult, I still insist on using a lot of the book's lettering ideas in my creative work! :D ]

Ron ;) said...

This is the book that added pizzazz to my childhood! [Of course, as an adult, I still insist on using some of the book's lettering ideas in my creative work! :D ]