Friday, January 9, 2015

imperfections....


On my way driving home yesterday I had this vision of a journaling page I wanted to create. I did all my boring chores when I got home... took down the Christmas tree finally, paid bills and got read for CHA; then i painted the big black circle and waited for it to dry. I got my Painty Twin pen. I have been singing this Marc Ronson / Bruno Mars song non stop recently and this fits for me so much for this new year. I penned this in minutes. It just had to get out of my head. I made this super cute little collage and posted it proudly - on the ZIG website (Kuretake), because you never know they might see it and offer me a big job (hahaha) and on instagram and facebook. So proud, right? Well.... finally, about 28 comments later someone noticed the spelling error. Did you find it yet?

Well, I am a perfectionist and had to correct it. Got the black paint and painted over Belive and fixed it to say BELIEVE. I have been having stuggles lately with making alot of mistakes at work and in my life in general. I wish I could take paint and just paint over all of them as easily as i fixed this one!

STAY TUNED here and on my facebook page (Lindsay Ostrom.creator of cuteness) for pics of my trip to CHA - the Crafts and Hobbies Association show. I leave Saturday and there are always amazing things to see there - including my new line from AdornIt!

7 comments:

massofhair said...

My word for 2015 is Breathe, take a deep breath and just be...Enjoy CHA & breathe:-) xxx

Createology said...

Yes, if only we could just use a giant eraser and fix our mistakes in life. Love your sign Miss Creator of Cuteness. Safe travels to CHA and Enjoy it all...

K Andrews said...

Found it instantly… I'm a old report writer, admin, and creative perfectionist (or try to be).

Mincka B. said...

Your latering is so interesting! How do you create them so brilliant?

Mincka B. said...

I mean lettering..... lol

michelegeorgern said...

I am just in awe of your lettering. Wow!

Joy said...

Hi Lindsay! I didn't make it to CHA this year but I was looking at websites with releases and I just knew it! Those are your darling designs at Carolee's! So, cool and congratulations on an awesome collection!