Friday, February 26, 2010

DAY 26......

Ahhh.... day 26! Two days to go. I think this has been such a fun challenge and I hope that you will all stay tuned for the next challenge in March.... it will be reviled midnight on March 1st!!! So get ready. I promise that it won't be so labor intense for you or for me!
............it's not too late to upload a creative project to get in the running to win a prize for this month. Just e-mail me a pic and you will be entered to win!!!! E-mail to........................................
lindsayostrom@yahoo.com
Karen was kind enough to help me out today in learning free motion stitching (which i found i need a new pressure foot to do) and fabric collage and bookbinding. This is the finished book cover. I have not completed the signatures ( that's a fancy term for pages in bookbinders talk!)... but I will post them when I get them done! I loved doing this, so i'm sure i will have more to show later in fabric crazy quilted journals!
Today i took a learning day to learn how to do free motion stitching and the art of collage and bookbinding. I got so caught up in the sewing process... that i almost lost my cel phone... almost!
This was the first step of the process... laying out the book cover and doing a little stamping.
Karen worked on her signatures for her fabric book that she made last week from her online class.
\
She uses vintage books, maps, ledger sheets, coffee filters, fabric, transparencies, pattern papers, envelopes... really anything can become a journaling page. Thanks for helping me get started on one Karen... it's was a great day!
Joy's daughter, Grace has a birthday coming in March and today, Joy made a cute little Maya Road cupcake chipboard book for her.
I love how simple it is and all the colors of the papers make you just want to have a chocolate cupcake with strawberry frosting... right?
Cory has spent the last two days working on a fabric wall hanging... this shows some of the bits and pieces of it coming together....
This is it all finished and hanging on the wall. I love the branch to hang it onto... great spring colors cory!

No comments: