Wednesday, July 27, 2011

MAQ

Today I went to a meeting of the Mountain Art Quilters group from Nevada City.
They were revieling their challenges for the past few months... these were a few of my favorites. This one by Linda Waddle, from the whole cloth
That means that they start with one piece of fabric. I loved the colors of this... she painted the whole piece and then added wool felt appliques... it was my favorite....
I am sad to say that I cannot remember who did this one. Again for batiks... but i loved the buttons, spirit threads and colors
what's not to love?
This was my favorite... because of the text. By Sandra Bruce...
I think the catagory was about women who influenced us and this was for her mother, who was deaf... so I also liked the sign language part....
and the colors
beautiful....
this was with sharpies on silk...
yep... i said sharpies.... like the pens!
Another favorite was my friend Heidi Emmett's batik quilt of Lindsay flowers, although... i am sure she doesn't think of them like that. But i do have one tattooed on the back of my neck for like the past 35 years and I drew it... so yeah, it's kinda mine.
I have been invited to be part of this amazing group... there wer 10 others who were also invited. They cap it off at 50 and i think they have 3 openings. I am the 3rd one on the list... so, it's looking good. I am honored to even be considered. It was a great day!

No comments: