Saturday, July 30, 2011

self portrait

nope.... it's not a bad dye job on my hair....
it's my self portrait! Finally....
Still a couple of days to get yours in.... remember, no prize this month - just a self searching journey of creating yourself on paper, canvas, jelly beans, whatever you choose.
I did mine on canvas... muslin
colored the hair with colored pencil
pieced the flesh tones together
I have some hand sewing to add a headband, flowers and maybe my glasses - eehh gads.....
next weekend I am going to a friends house who is teaching us how to create faces. If that doesn't go well.... i will be adding two buttons and calling it quits. But for now... this is me. A bit dishoveled and unkept.... perfect! Watch for the finished piece very soon!

NEW CHALLENGE BEGINS.... AUGUST 1st
(with a prize....!!!!!)

No comments: