Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sew what......

Today i finished two projects that are heading off in the mail on Monday. The first is going to Art Quilting Studios for the winter issue....
This is a little sneek peek.... this poem is on the inside back of the mini quilt. It flips up to reviel this poem about finding your inspiration. And today... I found mine while watering my yard in my own backyard...
This is how it started... on a piece of walnut inked muslin with pen and colored pencil...
And this is how it ended up. See the stems on the flowers there? That part is the part that lifts up to show the cute poem. If you want to see more... you will have to wait for the magazine to come out.... sneeky, huh?
This sweet box is heading over to Sew Somerset magazine.... it will have in it a vine of leaves - all quilted and hangable; and this little cel phone and pen tote that I made for myself. I really like it... i just hope they do too. It will be traveling with two other little pouches for the winter issue.

Tomorrow it's back to reality... working on Christmas Home Dec goodies for my new line coming out for the holidays in 2012! Have a great weekend....

2 comments:

ScatterJoy! said...

SEW pretty...see ya in the mag!

Anonymous said...

You are so amazing Lindsay....I am always "wow-ed" at what you do....I'm certain I could sit and just watch to do your magic all day long and then some, your art makes my heart sing....... Is it Wednesday yet??