Sunday, April 7, 2013

BOBMINATIONS and the BOMBINEES... what am i talking about?

Just looking back today at the over 30 pieces of mail, letters, cards, postcards and mail art that I have recieved this week alone. It is true that a nice pice of mail can heal a bit. Feeling really bogged down at work this week, every day i looked forward to getting to my mailbox. If i could just gfet through the day... i knew there just might be some sweet pieces of mail in the box when i got home... and boy were there. The original watercolor above came from Bev Davis... it's fabulous and gonna get a frame! Thanks to all of you for brightening my day just a bit with mail art!



All that being said.... we started a new branch of Letter Writing this week.... Letter Bombing. Now i know that once i print those words that the FBI , CIA and ATF folks will probably look into every aspect of my life.... no worries guys, here's what it means...

LeTtEr BoMbInG ... discription...
 " a form of mail art that is started by one person, honoring another person for the fact that they are in need of cheering up by way of happy and joyful mailart"

That's it.... a very simple and harmless postal play involving showing love to someone via their mailbox. So, folks can BOMBINATE at BOMBINEE and then i get to choose who we send mail to for the week. I BOMBINATED the first BOMBINEE - my friend Karen Schumacher who is totally ingrossed in her job this month. She prepares taxes and is a bookeepper and well, by reading her reply to me ( below ) you will see how in need she was of some fun mail this month especially. She usually participates in National Letter Writing Month... but just couldn't undertake the task this year. So... i was a bit worried that she might kill me ( another joke, FBI guys ) .... but alas... she LOVED IT! And sent me this super cute postcard (Front and Back shown here ).

So, once i came up with this idea... the BOMBINATIONS started pouring in. Sobbing and crying while reading them all i was surprised by how many of our NLWM players had a friend or a family member who was in need of some mailbox cheering. I have over 20 stories and BOMBINEES now... i think that we will keep doing this through May and maybe... beyond. I am planning on creating a PRIVATE facebook page to accomodate all of the BOMBINATIONS and the mail that goes with them. If you want to be considered and approved to play or to BOMBINATE... just email me at lindsayostrom@yahoo.com. Right now, it's private and just for our NLWM group. Stay tuned... lots of amazing mail to follow in the next few weeks!
I heard that even garden gloves were mailed....
hmmmm, it gets cooler everyday!


1 comment:

Bev Davis said...

I feel so honored ! Thank you for showing my watercolor card :)