Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day SIX... in honor of my mom....


It's about 11 o'clock and I just got in from a very creative day in San Jose with lots of pictures to share... but it will have to wait until tomorrow to post. Instead... before i go to bed, I wanted to feature this stocking needlepointed by my mom for her lucky daughter... ME!!! When my kids were born, my mom made stockings for all three of them, but my hubby and I never got any. No biggie... we never even whined - much. This year, she surprised us at Christmas by telling us that she was in the process of working on them for us. She showed us the stocking via skype. Well.... mine is done and fabulous as you can see above. She is an amazing needlepointer... as well as a seamstress and all around crafter. I remember crafting all the time growing up. Thanks mom!!! Love it. Oh yeah, and she and my dad are celebrating their 64th anniversary on Wednesday... wow! Congratulations kids!!!

No comments: