Saturday, December 4, 2010

crafty christmas...

Today was a really crafty day. I spent the day at the Alta Craft Fair and my 16 year old Riley had her first cake job.
She was asked by our neighbor to make a cake for his girlfriend's 50th birthday. It was her first real job. And she did a fantastic job.

She did a 4 layer cake, chocholate -vanilla - chocolate an vanilla with chocolate buttercream frosting.
She did beautiful sunflowers out of fondant with really sweet velvet leaves. I helped out by making a fancy little banner on the top to wish her happy birthday. My hubby and I went to the party and let me tell you.... people loved this cake. It was great. Really tasty and beautiful. Congrats Riley... you are well on your way to replacing duff as the Ace of Cakes!
I spent a very successful day at the Alta Dutch Flat Craft Fair and sold out of framed original watercolors, coloring books, signs, most of my ornaments and all my popcorn bowls.
I have a couple of journals left... those were very popular.
I took a bunch of orders for these family plaques... love them.
And everyone loved Brent's Santa Stop signs...
Tomorrow.... i need to replenish the stock for next weeks fair. Yes Virginia... i guess there really is a Santa Claus!

1 comment:

Createology said...

Fabulous job. When you are good...you are good! Happy selling next week too.